Come to the calm of a well functioning brain.
The authors of this article decided to make an easy pain scale, one that relates to the pain scale that you would use if you went to a doctor,. This scale is the same, 1 through 10, 10 being the worst.
1. Everything is a-okay! There is absolutely nothing wrong. You've probably cuddling a fluffy kitten right now. Enjoy!
2. You're a bit frustrated or disappointed, but you're easily distracted and cheered up with little effort.
3. Things are bothering you, but you're coping. You might be overtired or hungry. The emotional equivalent of a headache.
4. Today is a bad day (or a few bad days). You still have the skills to get through it, be gentle with yourself. Use self-care strategies.
5. Your mental health is starting to impact on your everyday life. Easy things are becoming difficult. You should talk to your doctor.
6. You can't do things the way you usually do them due to your mental health. Impulsive and compulsive thoughts may be hard to cope with.
7. You're avoiding things that make you more distressed, but that will make it worse. You should definitely seek help. This is serious.
8. You can't hide your struggles anymore. You may have issues sleeping, eating, having fun, socializing, and work/study. Your mental health is affecting almost all parts of your life.
9. You're at a critical point. You aren't functioning anymore. You need urgent help. You may be a risk to yourself or others if left untreated.
10. The worst mental and emotional distress possible. You can no longer care for yourself. You can't imagine things getting any worse. Contact a crisis line immediately.
LENS neurofeedback can help you get out of the hole of the lower 5 issues. Call soon.
Hello, I am a psychotherapist that has been trained in the art of neurofeedback. This science helps to heal the brain of trauma. I am dedicated to helping people heal.