Come to the calm of a well functioning brain.
Here are a few science based tips on learning...
1. Make sure that you have enough sleep. Sleep is the time to cement memories.
2. Get moving...exercise increases the amount of oxygen to the brain and can improve the amount of synapses that we have in the hippocampus.
3. Pay attention. Avoid distractions such as cell phones. We can really only do one task at a time.
4. The more times that we say, hear or do something the stronger the brain connections become. Practice, Practice, Practice! But take regular breaks.
5. Be creative about the way that you approach a task. Read it, sing it, draw it, dance it. I know of a chiropractor that had to learn the krebs cycle. He used a white board and danced around the knowledge until he got it, very creative. I applaud that effort.
LENS neurofeedback can help the brain mechanism to reconnect in a good way, using it's own mirror image. This can make the learning, creative part of the brain (all of it!) more receptive to new information.
Hello, I am a psychotherapist that has been trained in the art of neurofeedback. This science helps to heal the brain of trauma. I am dedicated to helping people heal.